Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Embrace the Camera: June 17, 2014

 I both give and receive worship through song. 
The song that has currently been speaking to my heart is "Let Them See You by JJ Weeks". 


Let them see You in me
Let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You 
Just let them see You in me


Who am I without Your grace?
Another smile, another face
Another breath, a grain of sand
Passing quickly through Your hand
I give my life, an offering
Take it all, take everything

Let them see You in me
Let them hear You when I speak
Let them feel You when I sing
Let them see You
Just let them see You in me


This is my prayer.
I am imperfect. 
He is perfect.
His grace is sufficient for me; His power is made perfect in my weakness. 
Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ's power may rest on me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9
Let them {my husband, my children, my neighbors and friends ... all those I encounter} see Him in me.


Gabs, Boo and Little Miss,
Mommy has many shortcomings. I'm impatient. I'm quick to raise my voice. I often rush bedtime skipping stories and prayers. I say "no" a lot. Although I am all these things and I'm sure you could/would add more I thank God that he has entrusted you to me. You are each amazing and bright and beautiful beyond words! I know I have done something right in parenting you while on this earth because you know and love the Lord. My heart's desire is that you learn to know Him more through me - through my actions, words, expressions of love to you and those around us.  I am imperfect, but I am a work in progress seeking His hand in parenting you for you are His. A gift to us. The best gifts!
I love you to the moon and back, to the highest mountain, to the deepest and widest ocean, to infinity. 
{Dawson says this each time he says his goodbyes}

No comments: